Return to Play: Parent, Player & Coach Responsibilities
- Ensure your child is healthy and check your child’s temperature before activities with others. If your child has experienced any feelings of being ill, or any COVID-19 symptoms, do not send your child to practice.
- Consider not carpooling or very limited carpooling.
- Stay in car or adhere to social distance requirements, based on current state and local health requirements
- When at training, wear a mask if outside your car.
- Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training.
- Ensure all equipment (cleats, ball, shin guards etc.) are sanitized before and after every training.
- Notify your club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason.
- Do not assist your coach with equipment before or after training.
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizing products with them at every training
- Take your temperature daily and especially before activities with others.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
- Bring, and use, hand sanitizer with you at every training.
- Wear mask before and after all training sessions. This protects others in the event that you are unknowingly carrying the virus.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, food or bags.
- Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
- No group celebrations, high-5s, hugs, handshakes, fist-bumps, etc.
Follow all CDC guidelines as well those of your local health authorities.
- Ensure you are healthy, and check your temperature before activities with others.
- Ensure the health and safety of the participants.
- Inquire if the athletes have experienced any ill feelings or COVID-19 symptoms. Send home anyone you believe acts or looks ill, and advise them to contact their healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- Follow all state and local health protocols and guidelines.
- Ensure all athletes have their own individual equipment (ball, water, etc.).
- Ensure coach is the only person to handle equipment (e.g. cones); do not enlist parental or attendee assistance.
- All training is recommended to be conducted outdoors and compliant with social distancing per state or local health guidelines.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you for leadership.
The use of scrimmage jerseys, or pennies, is not recommended at this time.